Dyslexia Warwickshire offers a range of services from early identification and assessments of children from Primary school to Adults. It offers tuition and advice for clients whether they have Dyslexia or a barrier to reading and writing.
It offers a friendly, confidential and affordable service to all clients. Clients can be confident of a high quality assessment by an Associate Member of the British Dyslexia Association (AMBDA) who holds an Assessment Practising Certificate (APC) from PATOSS for assessing Specific Learning Difficulties such as Dyslexia
All the assessments are followed by a detailed and comprehensive individual report which will outline individual strengths and weaknesses and the particular level of support that is needed. The reports meet the requirements for University students applying for the Disabled Students Allowances (DSA).
Dyslexia Warwickshire offers support to teachers, pupils, parents and carers in two different ways:
- Working with teachers and pupils to assess individual need and provide strategies to meet those needs. This may include working with an individual on a one to one basis or in a group looking at the wider issues
- Diagnostic Assessments of pupils to determine whether they have a Specific Learning difficulty and to provide appropriate recommendations and advice to help the individual progress.
Parental Support / Services
For a parent it is always difficult to see your child struggle with any reading, writing and spelling activities as Literacy is core to the National Curriculum taught in school. It does not mean that they will not succeed. With the right type of help and tuition it is possible for all children to overcome specific barriers and become more confident in their abilities.
All children have strengths!
Dyslexia Warwickshire can offer support to concerned Parents in several ways:
- General assessments of a pupils difficulties with specific recommendations that can be shared with schools and parents.
- Diagnostic Tests to determine whether a child is Dyslexic or not with specific recommendations and advice.
- Tuition on a 1:1 basis
- Tuition within a small group.
"Difficulties mastered are opportunities won."
- Winston Churchill